So yeah, I made me some applique of a hippocampus in a heraldic style.
Materials are: cotton fabrics, cotton-covered polyester thread in black and blue, two buttons.
This is the first time I’ve done applique in years. I did a blanket stitch around the edges to attach the top piece to the bottom. By the time I hit the blue thread highlights I was at the “ah screw it” part of the creative process, so those stitches look a little rough (if you can even see them.) More blue stitches were added the following morning at the “fine I should do it properly” part of the creative process.
Keep it civil people.